Saturday, April 11, 2009

Starting Out by Miki

Well, I've finally decided to start a blog on the trials and tribulations of being a jewelry designer. There are many of us out there but, like fingerprints, no two of us are alike and we all have our own stories. Some of these stories will come from me, Miki aka Michele. Some will come from Cat, aka, well, Cat. We'll sign pur posts so you know the difference.

Mine started last year when I lost my job and my new, old friend, Cat, started teaching me about the wonderful world of jewelry... designing and making it that is. I've always been artistic. I graduated from the HS of Art & Design in NYC, but never really did anything with the knowledge other than small art projects here and there. I love woodwork and for awhile, finished my own furniture and built small things I needed like a spice rack, bench, etc. Unfortunately I also have Fibromyalgia and doing those things just got harder and harder on my back. I paint, I sew, I crochet but it wasn't until I learned how much fun and fulfilling it is to make jewelry that I feel I've found my niche.

So, as I go though this new learning process and as we work to bring you inspiration and food for thought, let's share together and think beautiful jewelry. It's going to take a little time to bring up some pictures on here. As my camera had to go in for service. Should be back next week and I can only hope for the best.

But welcome to this new experiment at living life out loud... at least for me it's new. Your mileage may vary.

Miki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates